Monday, May 30, 2011

Swimming

The Sport of Swimming Swimming is a competitive and recreational activity consisting of various motions that propel the body through the water. Swimming is considered by most experts to be one of the best forms of physical exercise.Swimming Learning something new can be a scary experience. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was learn how to swim. I was always afraid of the water, but I decided that swimming was an important skill that I should learn. I also thought it would be good exercise and help me to become physically stronger.Common Strokes for Swimming There are four common strokes associated with swimming: butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and crawl stroke. Breaststroke and backstroke are considered ‘rest’ strokes; crawl stroke, also known as freestyle, and butterfly are known as ‘power’ strokes. A rest stroke uses less energy to travel the same distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment